Trains were a major part of Colorado’s history where today many of the back country roads were originally roadbeds for a railroad. Even some of our highways have old spikes buried in the dirt, but do not try to dig them up! Personally, I have never heard music as sweet as the “stack music” coming from a steam locomotive. I hope you get to experience it soon.
Here are pictures of my railroad layouts…
- The Seattle Terminal Railroad District
- Holy Cross & Crystal River Railroad
- Mount Akinbach Railroad
- The Great Northern
- MY ANNIE KITBASH
- My Connie Kitbash (Old #45 and her story)
- Big Trains Backshop Gondola
Watch Some Train Videos
- Watch as a sulphur train wreck in Littleton Colorado gets cleaned up
- Watch the Union Pacific #844 steam through Littleton Colorado
For more history see the Colorado Railroad Museum.