compiled by Pete Doty

When you are buying a home in Denver, or anywhere else for that matter, there are some things you need to have. BIG EXAMPLE: You just sold your house in Highlands Ranch and the folks in Greeley want proof you did so you need to provide a certified Settlement Statement from the title company. But keep going to find out what else you need to buy a home with a loan here in Denver.

PS: I am NOT a Licensed Mortgage Originator.


Addresses for two full years

Gross monthly income

W-2’s, if available

Proof of pensions, retirement, disability or Social Security

Proof of income from rentals, investments, etc.

Year to date pay stub

If self-employed:

Two years 1040 Tax Returns

Current year profit and loss statement



Each creditor’s name, address and type of account

Account numbers

Monthly payments and approximate balances

Amount of child care expenses



Names and addresses of saving institutions

Account numbers for all accounts

Type of accounts and present balances



List of assets in stocks, bonds, land

Life insurance cash value (documented if used as cash down payment)

If applicant is selling a home, a copy of sales contracts

Social Security numbers for all parties

Veterans—Certificate of Eligibility & DD-214             

Cash or check to pay for application fee


From Your Real Estate Agent in Your Old Home Town

Copy of sales agreement

Copy of listing on property

Instructions on how appraiser is to gain entrance