- Aurora Colorado
- Cherry Creek State Park
- Golf in Aurora & Colorado
- Winter Fun in Aurora & Colorado
- Performing Arts
- Libraries & Library Districts
Aurora CO has many services, facilities and benefits to living here.
The city of Aurora operates under a council/manager form of government, combining the political leadership of elected officials with the managerial expertise of a professionally trained, local government manager appointed to the position. The mayor & council are elected and the city manager implements their policies with a professional staff.
Here is the Aurora Colorado’s offical website.
The Schools serving Aurora CO are a diverse mix of public systems, charter schools, and private/parochial schools. Charter schools are considered public and will be included in the district listings.
- Adams County Schools
- Aurora Public Schools includes the Adams-Arapahoe District 28j
- Cherry Creek Public Schools Covering the southern portions of Aurora
- Parochial School Network
- More school connections
See more about Aurora Colorado’s History and a wiki link too, which is a little more detailed than the city fathers might like. Founded in 1891, the city of Aurora was originally named Fletcher by its founder, former Chicago resident Donald Fletcher, as a real estate speculation.
- In 1907, the town changed its name to Aurora.
- In 1921 Aurora was selected for the Fitzsimons Army Medical Center to treat soldiers afflicted with mustard gas poisoning.
- 1929 Aurora becomes a city
- 1938 Lowry Air Force Base opened
- 1942 Buckley Air Field is constructed
- 1955 President Dwight Eisenhower recovers from a heart attack at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center
- 1960 Aurora’s population exceeds 50,000
- 1995 The Fitzsimons Redevelopment Authority is created
- 2000 The population exceeds 292,000
- 2000 Buckley Field is now Buckley Air Force Base
- 2004 The University of Colorado Health Sciences Center at Fitzsimmons is vibrant and active
Parks and Recreation Information
There are a lot of opportunities for recreation, a lot of which Colorado is famous for. The rest may be local flag football or softball teams, walking and jogging path maps, or even recreation centers provided for residents. Additionally Aurora is home to the new Aurora Reservoir and the Cherry Creek State Park. Here are some other intriguing opportunities: